It is an extraordinary commitment to prepare, coordinate and staff our facilities, programs, services, classes and trips, therefore all payments are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-PRORATABLE with few exceptions, notes on each Program subsection below. The re-selling, transferring or gifting Memberships, Fees, Packages, Sessions is NOT permitted, unless specified. Certain programs, services or trips may allow for cancellations and/or ownership transfers.
All chargeback (refund requests) notifications received via your bank will be considered cancellations and will be subject to the policies of the specific program, service or trip in question. All documentation, including confirmation receipts, waivers, information collected, policies & agreement signatures will be provided to the banking institution as confirmation of payment application according to all agreed upon terms. Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.
Rec & PE Memberships have a strict no cancellation policy and are therefore non-refundable. The type of Rec & PE Membership determines the duration of the particular membership, and it automatically ends after the last day of the specific membership type. Annual and Semester Rec & PE Memberships are prorated based on the date of enrollment, while Monthly Rec & PE Memberships are a flat rate. Membership Fees will not be reimbursed or prorated due to planned or emergency closures, i.e. holidays, construction, breaks or events deemed necessary by Duke University. Rec & PE Memberships are assigned to a specific individual and may not be transferred to a different individual.
General Illness and Observation Policy
I understand that I may be asked screening questions before each swimming session in order to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Parents will accompany their children onto the pool deck once lessons begin. Parents will be asked to observe from a designated space.
General Illness: Please do not attend class if your child is ill.
Inclement Weather Policy
Duke Aquatics reserves the right to delay or cancel any activity or class due to inclement weather, natural disasters, or extenuating circumstances. In case of questionable weather, show up for your lessons as scheduled- it may be a passing storm. Lessons continue when it is raining unless we have lightning within a 10 mile radius. We have safety & dryland activities for the participants until we get all clear from management to get back into the water.
- Minor Inclement Weather: Classes will meet as scheduled and will do a water safety course session.
- Severe Inclement Weather: Classes will be canceled and a “weather make-up session” will be scheduled.
- Make-Up Sessions: make-up classes will be held on a Friday within the session or additional classes will be added at the end.. There will be absolutely no refunds if we were terribly unlucky and there were more severe weather days than available make-up days. Make-up classes will NOT be available for students who miss a class.
It is your responsibility to schedule your lessons at a time that fits your child’s schedule and swimming ability. If Duke Rec & PE cancel class for any reason, we will schedule a make-up class. We will make every effort to contact you prior to the class start time. Missed lessons are not credited or refunded. Your child has a reserved time for his or her class. Please understand the instructors are there to teach your children even if your child does not attend their class.
Refund Policy: Learn to Swim Courses
Full Refund (-3% admin fee): Cancellation made any time prior to 48 hours before the first day of the session.
50% Refund (+3% admin fee): Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the first day of the session.
No Refund: cancellations made on/after the first day of the session.
Aquatics classes and programs fees are non-refundable and not prorated.
Refund Policy: Safety Courses
Participants that wish to cancel their participation may receive a refund, at the discretion of the Aquatics' Director, under the following conditions:
- American Red Cross Courses: The cancellation occurs 7 days prior to the first date of the course, minus a $25 admin fee.
- Cancellations that occur after less than 7 days before the start of the course will be eligible to receive a 50% refund.
- Prerequisites policy: if the student does not pass the prerequisite test for the course students will receive a full refund, minus a $25 admin fee.
All training sessions and programs must be purchased in advance. Session and program payments are NON-REFUNDABLE. Transferring of Personal Training Sessions may be allowed, at the discretion of Fitness program administrators.
Participants must notify their trainer at least 24 hours before the training session in the event of a cancellation. Cancellations that occur after the cancellation window will receive NO REFUND and will result in the loss of a session.
Duke Outdoor Adventures reserves the right to cancel a trip or clinic due to inclement weather, natural disasters, or extenuating circumstances. In the event a trip must be canceled, a full trip refund will be provided.
Participants that wish to cancel their participation in a trip may receive a refund, at the discretion of the Outdoor Adventures program administrators, under the following conditions:
- NO credits or refunds will be issued for trips not attended.
- Re-selling, transferring or gifting your spot on any trip is NOT permitted
- Cancellations that occur after the cancellation window will receive NO REFUND.
- Single-Day Trips | 10 BUSINESS DAYS prior to trip date
- Multi-Day Trips | 15 BUSINESS DAYS prior to trip
Requesting a Refund
- In-Person Registration: If you originally registered in person, at the climbing wall, you may stop by the climbing wall during open hours to request and process your refund.
- Online Registration: If you originally registered online, you must submit a refund request here.
Please note, refund requests for online registrations may take up to 4 business days to be processed. Once processed, refunds may take 48-72 hours to post to your account.
Workshop cancellations must be completed prior to the Workshop. There will be a $10 no-show fee assessed for anyone who does not cancel their reservation and does not show up for the workshop. To cancel your registration email firstname.lastname@example.org or view the steps on how to cancel your registration here.
All cancellations should be made at least two business days prior to the rental start date. If we are not notified two days prior (enough time to make the equipment available to other renters), a cancellation/no show fee of $10 will be assessed. Cancellations can be made via e-mail email@example.com.