Duke Rec & P.E. offers campus organizations the opportunity to rent space within our recreation facilities. You must have an active NetID and password to log-in to the rental portal to submit your request.
For questions related to Duke Rec & P.E. space requests and availability (listed below), please email email@example.com. For questions related to athletic spaces outside of the list below or issues with your EMS account, contact Duke Athletics.
Wilson Recreation Center:
- Wilson Courts (19,844 sq. ft.)
- Multipurpose Room 110 (1,938 sq. ft.)
- Multipurpose Room 125 (3,965 sq. ft.)
- Classroom 18 (595 sq. ft.)
- Classroom 20 (1,092 sq. ft.)
- Wilson Climbing Wall*
- Card Courts (11,083 sq. ft.)
Brodie Recreation Center:
- Brodie Lower Courts (11,236 sq. ft.)
- Brodie Upper Courts (8,835 sq. ft.)
- Multipurpose Room 149 (1,629 sq. ft.)
- Classroom 208 (546 sq. ft.)
- Turf Fields 1 and 2 (34,650 sq. ft. each)
East Campus Tennis/Pickleball Courts:
- Tennis Courts 1-8 (2,808 sq. ft. each)
- Pickleball Courts 1-6
*The Wilson Climbing Wall is available for rent to groups of up to 25 people. For more information and to submit a Climbing Wall Rental Request please complete this form.
- Requests must be made 7 days in advance, must be requested in the current semester, and can only take place during normal facility operations.
- All rentals must be made through the EMS system (except for special events). Please – no walk-in requests.
- Campus organizations are limited to 4 hours (within 2 weekdays) maximum of rented space per week.
- Please note that spaces are not reservable for a single person- they must be reserved on behalf of a student group/organization.
- All individuals using a reserved space must have:
- A valid Rec & P.E. Membership or Guest Pass
NOTE: Digital Memberships do not provide access to facilities or in-person programming.
- A valid DukeCard, Mobile DukeCard, MyRec Mobile ID or Guest Pass Barcode to scan in at our touchless scanners.
- A valid Rec & P.E. Membership or Guest Pass
- The rental schedule is based on the undergraduate academic calendar not the graduate school calendar. Requests will not be processed during the undergraduate reading and exam period.
- Cancellation Policy: Event cancellations that are not given at least 7 days’ notice will not be refunded. This includes no-shows for event reservations.
- All rentals are subject to be changed in the event that the space is needed for Recreation and PE programming or Athletics.
- Weekly time slots are available to be rented in Card Gym by groups wanting to play volleyball, basketball, and badminton.
- These available time slots will be provided by Recreation and Physical Education.
- Groups will be permitted to book one time slot per week for up to 4 weeks at a time.
- Time slots can be up to 2 hours.
- Groups will be charged per hour, will be required to sign a contract, and pre-pay.
- When requesting a rental on the Cohan Fields (Turf Field 1 and/or Turf Field 2) recreation times are as follows:
- Monday through Friday 5:00pm-11:00pm (fall semester) and 6pm-11pm (spring semester) by reservation only.
- Saturday 3:00pm-10:00pm by rental only.
- Sunday 4:00pm-10:00pm walk up and play, no rental needed.
- Turf Field 3 is fields 1 and 2 combined. Please note that if Turf Field 1 or 2 is taken, Turf Field 3 is unavailable.
- The Grass Field on Cohan Fields, Williams Field, Field 751, and Pascal’s indoor field is only to be used by Varsity Athletics in addition to Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs through the Recreation & Physical Education Department.
All policies outlined on our Facility Guidelines Page apply to rentals. Additional policies include:
- The floors must be covered for non-athletic events.
- Groups/participants are only allowed in the identified spaces provided by the reservation office. Adjacent spaces must be scheduled and reserved separately.
- All signage and posters must be posted neatly and removed immediately following the event. Any damage caused by signage hung will be billed to the group (painters tape or command strips should be used on walls and doors).
Submit A Rental Request
- Access the Duke University Reservation System.
- Go to the top, right-hand corner of your screen and click “Welcome Guest.” Then click “Sign-In.”
- Sign-in with your Net ID and password. This will take you to the EMS “Site Home” page.
- You will see on the “Site Home” page that we have provided three training videos to familiarize you with new EMS Web App. The training videos provide information on the steps listed below. Please note that in order to view these videos you must be using Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- How to make a single rental.
- How to make a reoccurring rental or meeting.
- How to manage your rentals.