For Day Trips that include Rock Climbing, Bouldering, Hiking, and Mountain Biking
For overnight trips not water based
For water based day trips that include: SUP, Canoe, Kayaking, Rafting, and Surfing
For overnight trips that are water based
Outdoor Adventures Trip Policies
- No experience is necessary to participate in Outdoor Adventure trips; we design our trips for any level of abilities from beginners to experts. Previous swimming experience is recommended for water trips such as canoeing and standup paddleboarding but is required for whitewater kayaking.
- All participants must attend a mandatory pre-trip meeting (when applicable). For more technical trips, skills clinics may be required prior to the trip, for no additional charge.
- All equipment will be provided for you; personal equipment may be used if approved by the trip leader.
- Transportation will be provided for you unless stated otherwise.
- Food is provided on all day and overnight trips, any allergies/dietary restrictions can be accommodated and should be communicated with the trip leader.
- Alcohol, tobacco, and drug use are prohibited for the duration of the trip. Participants who violate these rules are subject to removal from the trip and transportation back to Duke will be at the participant’s expense.
Trip Cancellation Policy
Duke Outdoor Adventures reserves the right to cancel a trip or clinic due to inclement weather, natural disasters, or extenuating circumstances. In the event a trip must be canceled, a full trip refund will be provided.
- A refund will be given if the participant cancels 10 BUSINESS DAYS prior to the trip date. Cancellations for extended trips must happen 15 BUSINESS DAYS prior to the trip date. Cancellations that occur after the cancellation window will receive NO REFUND.
- Selling or giving your spot on a trip if you cannot attend is not permitted. In addition, Outdoor Adventures does not issue credits or refunds for trips not attended.
- Outdoor Adventures reserves the rights to not issue a refund at the discretion of the program administrators.
Personal Evacuation Policy
In the event, the participant no longer wants to continue on the trip for personal reasons the cost and organization of transportation home will be the responsibility of the participant and no refund will be given. The participant must also stay on the trip until the Trip Leader decides that it is a safe and appropriate time to leave the trip.