JUMP TO: Class Registration | Schedule | Class Descriptions | Contact Information
All Group Fitness classes include modifications for all fitness levels to ensure that each participant has the ability to set and meet their individual fitness goals.
Class Registration and MyRec
All Group Fitness classes are FREE for Recreation & Physical Education members. Due to limited space and precautions for in-person classes due to COVID-19, pre-registration is required for all Group Fitness Classes. Participants can register online 48 hours prior to the start of class through their account on MyRec.
Participants must check in with the instructor before class. Check in will close 5 minutes before class start time, and individuals not present will be 'no showed' for the class.
If your plans change and you will not be able to make you appointment, please cancel your reservation through your MyRec Profile. For more information on how to cancel your reservation, review our MyRec Help Page.
If you fail to cancel your appointment, you will be marked as a "No Show". After three (3) No Shows, your reservation privileges will be suspended for 7 days.
More information about MyRec and instructions on how to create a profile can be found here.
- Go to MyRec.
- Log in with Duke ID (shibboleth).
- Scroll to Fitness.
- Click on Group Fitness.
- Select class.
- Click register.
- The class will appear in cart. Make sure you checkout for registration to be complete.
Once registered for a class
- Participants will receive an email confirming registration.
- Participants will need to arrive no later than 5 minutes before class. If they are late, they will be no-showed and risk being suspended from Rec & P.E. facilities and future classes.
- Visit the MyRec Web Portal.
- Click LOGIN on the top-right and enter your credentials (NetID or OneLink)
- Click on your picture to open a menu
- Select PROFILE
- On the left side, click PROGRAMS
- Click REGISTRATION
- Select CANCEL on the class you registered and can’t attend.
- Confirm Cancellation
Group Fitness Class Schedule
Summer Session 2 | July 5 - August 13, 2022
View Schedule Key for class location. Schedule is subject to change. View the MyRec Portal for available classes and registration 48 hours ahead of the class time.
View a printable PDF here.
All classes are 45 minutes.
- ABsoGLUTEly: Targeted strengthening for abdominals and glutes.
- Cycle: Our classic ride mixing flat roads, hills and intervals.
- Cycle + Core: 30 minutes of cardio plus 15 minutes of core strengthening and stretching.
- Cycle + Strength: Circuit training on and off the bike.
- H.I.I.T. Circuit: High Intensity Interval Training: intervals using bodyweight and resistance equipment to train both your aerobic and anaerobic systems.
- Hip Hop: Dance workout that moves and grooves to hip hop music.
- Hip Hop Step: A faster paced step class using only the platform and hip hop moves.
- Kickboxing: Non-contact martial-arts style cardio workout.
- Muscle Pump (MP): Strength endurance workout that may use weights, bands, tubing, step, and stability ball for a total body workout.
- Rhythm H.I.I.T.: High Intensity Interval Training class taught song to song (not a dance class).
- Rhythm Strength: Muscle conditioning class taught song to song (not a dance class).
- Bollywood Zumba: Cardio dance class to Bollywood hits.
- Zumba: Latin-inspired dance workout centered around high energy music with multiple tempo changes.
- Hatha Yoga: Appropriate for all levels. Incorporates slower paced stretching and breathing exercises.
- Pilates Barre: Pilates mat exercises combined with barre work for lower body.
- Pilates Burn: Faster-paced Pilates plus barre-style exercises to target thighs, glutes and abdominals; no barre required!
- Pilates Mat: A more traditional mat class using the Pilates principles to create connection between body and brain.
- Power Yoga: A more advanced Yoga class. Emphasizes movement and stretching while synchronizing breathing to transition from one pose to the next.
- Yoga + Core: Hatha yoga that incorporates Pilates exercises for abdominal, back and hip strength.
- Yoga Strength: Power yoga plus weights and other small equipment for added strength training.
- Vinyasa Yoga: Dynamic style of yoga in which the sequences are linked, and flow with the breath.