Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion
330 Towerview Rd.
Durham, NC 27708
The Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion features an 8-lane, 25-yard competition pool and a 17ft Dive Well. The Taishoff Competition pool is 4.5ft at each end and dips to 7ft in the middle. The Competition pool is primarily used for fitness and competition for our members and student-athletes. The Dive Well is 17ft deep and primarily used for lap swim for recreation members and diving for student-athletes.
To receive email notifications, please join our listserv today or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8-lane, 25-yard competition pool
- 17 ft Dive Well
- All pools are ADA accessible
- Due to COVID-19 policies and procedures use of aquatics center equipment is not available for use (ex. kickboards, pull buoys, goggles, etc.) However, we do highly encourage patrons to bring and use their own personal equipment as needed.
Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion Entry Procedures
There will be between 16-22 spots available for members who wish to utilize the pool. The pool is open by reservation only in order to recognize social distancing practices, cleaning procedures, and the safety and wellbeing of all staff and patrons.
- Entrance to the Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion is through the Hall of Fame Entrance. To access the Aquatics Center you will need to take the hill between the Wilson Recreation Center and Cameron Indoor Stadium to the Hall of Fame entrance point.
- All members visiting the Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion must provide a valid Duke-issued ID.
- All members visiting the Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion must provide proof that they have completed their daily symptom monitoring and received a pass to be on campus.
- All members visiting the Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion must sign a waiver before entrance will be allowed.
- All members are required to wear a mask or proper face covering in the facility up until they are entering the water. All patrons will also be required to put their mask or face covering back on after they exit the water.
- There is no access to the locker rooms, however there is bathroom access as needed. Additionally, there are showers available for patrons to rinse off before and after their swim.
- Due to COVID-19 policies and procedures, we are unable to provide any equipment (ex. Kickboards, pull buoys, etc.) for general use at this time. Members are welcome and encouraged to bring their own equipment as needed.
- Lightning Policy: Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion will close when lightning is within 10 miles of the facility.
Facility Access Reservations (FAR)
Registrations will be set to allow a limited number of patrons to enter the facility for 50-minute time slots. Each reservation will end at the 50-minute mark regardless of the time the patron enters the facility.
- Reservations for each 50-minute slot will be visible on the MyRec Portal two (2) weeks in advance, noting the maximum number of spaces available.
- Reservations for each 50-minute slot will open on the MyRec Portal 48 hours in advance, noting the maximum number of spaces available. Members will be able to register and reserve their time slot during this period.
- Reservations for each 50-minute slot will close on the MyRec portal 1 minute prior to the start of the reservation time period.
- All members must complete a daily Symptom Monitoring check through the Duke Symptom Monitoring App, in addition to submitting a Facility Access Reservation in order to enter the Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion. As noted above, the reservation is done through the MyRecWeb Portal.
- Log in with your Duke NetID and Password through Shibboleth.
- Click on the desired “Wilson Access Reservation” or “Taishoff Pool Access Reservation” icon.
- Select the appropriate day you want to reserve (within 48 hours).
- Select the appropriate time.
- Click the “Register” button.
- Follow the prompts (Family Member Registration, Social Distancing Acknowledgement, Facility Time Restriction Acknowledgement, etc.) either as prompts or waivers (to be determined).
- Receive email receive of registration.
- Members will be asked to be outside the entrance, following social distancing, until their reservation time. We ask that patrons please not arrive more than ten (10) minutes prior to their reservation time slot to allow staff to complete all cleaning and sanitization measures.
- Members will be able to cancel reservations by visiting MyRec Web Portal (only), clicking on their Profile, then Program Registrations.