Spaces We Offer
Indoor Sports Facilities
Wilson Recreation Center:
- Wilson Courts (19,844 sq. ft.)
- Multipurpose Room 110 (1,938 sq. ft.)
- Multipurpose Room 125 (3,965 sq. ft.)
- Classroom 18 (595 sq. ft.)
- Classroom 20 (1,092 sq. ft.)
- Racquetball Courts A and B (800 sq. ft. per court)
- Card Courts (11,083 sq. ft.)
- Squash Courts A and B (672 sq. ft.)
Brodie Recreation Center:
- Brodie Lower Courts (11,236 sq. ft.)
- Brodie Upper Courts (8,835 sq. ft.)
- Multipurpose Room 149 (629 sq. ft.)
- Classroom 208 (546 sq. ft.)
- Racquetball Courts A and B (800sq. ft. each)
Outdoor Sports Facilities
- Turf Fields 1 and 2 (34,650 sq. ft. each)
Ambler Stadium Practice Tennis Courts:
- Courts 1-8 (2,808 sq. ft. each)
East Campus Tennis Courts:
- Courts 1-10 (2,808 sq. ft. each)
Reservations that are a maximum of 2 hours and/or do not need extra set-up and break-down time.
- These reservations must be made through the Athletics & Recreation Virtual EMS scheduling and reservations program. This program allows you to create an account, request facility/space reservations, and schedule dates/times for those requests.
Special Events Requests:
Reservation requests more than 2 hours and/or need extra set-up and break-down time.
- For availability of these requests, please contact Emily Skoczlas at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 613-7651.
- 30 days minimum are required for special events requests. Requestors and participants must be associated with Duke University.
Steps to Complete Reservation Requests
- Use the link: GoDuke.com/reservations
- Go to the top, right-hand corner of your screen and click “Welcome Guest.” Then click “Sign-In.”
- Sign-in with your Net ID and password. This will take you to the EMS “Site Home” page.
- You will see on the “Site Home” page that we have provided three training videos to familiarize you with new EMS Web App. The training videos provide information on the steps listed below. Please note that in order to view these videos you must be using Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- How to make a single reservation.
- How to make a reoccurring reservation or meeting.
- How to manage your reservations.
For questions related to Recreation space requests and availability please email Emily Skoczlas (email@example.com). For questions related to all other spaces or issues with your account please email Duke Athletics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservation Fee Structure
Facility Fees Document
- Cancellation Policy: There is a 14 day cancellation notice from the first day of your reservation required. Notifying us prior to 14 days in advance of the first day of your reservation will terminate the contract and you will receive a full refund.
- Requests must be made 7 days in advance and can only be made on a week to week basis.
- Requests can take place only during normal facility operations.
- 30 days minimum are required for special events requests. All must be submitted within the current semester.
- Reservations will only be accepted and processed only in the current semester.
- The reservation schedule is based on the undergraduate academic calendar not the graduate school calendar. Requests will not be processed during the undergraduate reading and exam period. (link to academic calendar)
- During periods when reservations are not being processed, spaces will operate on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- All reservations must be made through the EMS system (except for special events). Please – no walk-in requests.
- Student groups are limited to 4 hours maximum of reserved space per week.
- When requesting a reservation on the Cohan Fields, Turf Field 1 and Turf Field 2 recreation times are as follows:
- Monday through Friday 6pm-11pm (fall semester) and 7pm-11pm (spring semester)
- Saturday and Sunday 3pm-10pm during both the fall and spring semesters
- Turf Field 3 is not a field. It is fields 1 and 2 combined. Please note that if Turf Field 1 or 2 is taken at this time, Turf Field 3 is unavailable.
- The Grass Field on Cohan Fields, Williams Field, Field 751, and Pascal’s indoor field is only to be used by Varsity Athletics in addition to Intramural Sports and Sport Clubs through the Duke Recreation and Physical Education Department.
Reservation Policies and Etiquette
- Pets, alcoholic beverages, and smoking are prohibited. Service animals are permitted.
- The floors must be covered for non-athletic events.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the multi-purpose room or basketball courts (with the exception of water). This includes chewing gum. Please make sure chewing gum is picked-up at the end of the event.
- All participants must wear shoes and the shoes must be appropriate for the space/field.
- Tap shoes, heels or other shoes that may damage the floors are prohibited in all of the multi-purpose rooms.
- Groups/participants are only allowed in the identified spaces provided by the reservation office. Adjacent spaces must be scheduled and reserved separately.
- All signage and posters must be posted neatly and removed immediately following the event. Any damage caused by signage hung will be billed to the group ( painters tape or command strips should be used on walls and doors.
- Do not leave equipment/personal belongings overnight. The Recreation and Physical Education Department is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged personal items.
- Please contact Emily Skoczlas (919-613-7561) for any Lost and Found items.
- Specific Squash Court Policies
- All participates must check/swipe in at the front desk of Wilson.
- Equipment is available for check-out at the front desk of Wilson.
- Protective eyewear is required.
- Courts are for SQUASH only and are available through reservations only.
- Only non-marking closed toed/closed heeled athletic shoes are permitted. Squash shoes are preferred.
- Appropriate athletic apparel is required. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- No gum, food, tobacco products, alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- Only water is allowed within the squash court area.
- No liquids are allowed on the courts.
- The use of profanity is prohibited.
- Please turn off all lights at the conclusion of play.
- Cleaning stations are provided for sweeping the court after each use.
- Facility monitors will check the courts periodically to ensure users are approved to use the courts. You may be requested to provide identification to verify membership.
*Recreation and Physical Education employees have the final say in policy interpretation and enforcement. Failure to comply with any of the above policies may result in temporary or permanent loss of recreation center privileges.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What spaces are eligible for dance?
Multi-purpose 149 (East)
Multi-purpose 110A (West)
Multi-purpose 125B (West)
Is music provided in the identified spaces?
No. You are responsible for providing your music.
Are confirmations 100% guaranteed?
Yes, in most cases. However, all reservations are subject to change. If anything changes, your advisor will be notified as soon as possible.
How do we go about reserving additional time outside the hours of our regularly assigned or scheduled hours?
Contact your advisor who will, in turn, contact the reservation office to check availability.
If a conflict arises, how should it be handled?
Never assume an empty space has not been reserved. If you do not have an official confirmation, please check with the staff at the front desk before using. Please be advised that if you use a space without a reservation and a group shows up with a reservation you are required to leave the space. We recommend that you bring a written confirmation with you to avoid any conflicts.