· BA Communications, UNC-CH
· MA Liberal Studies, Duke University
(Additional coursework in anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, exercise psychology and sport administration)
· Certified Group Fitness instructor since 1984, currently hold ACE Group Fitness certification.
· Stott-trained Pilates instructor (reformer and mat)
· Also hold certificates in Zumba, TRX, Yoga Fundamentals and indoor cycling.
· I am the group fitness coordinator at Duke University
· I have taught cycling, yoga, and Pilates to men’s and women’s basketball, women’s rowing, men’s and women’s fencing, men’s lacrosse, men’s and women’s swimming.
· Former competitive bodybuilder
My training philosophy is all about functionality and training for life. I specialize in high intensity training with an emphasis on balance and flexibility. I enjoy applying Pilates principles of control, concentration and precision to my client’s workouts (quality over quantity and intensity over duration).