REGISTER TODAY! FREE Summer Kayak Workshops will be held at Center Pool every Monday in June & July from 7:00pm – 8:30pm beginning June 6. Clinic dates are June 6, 13, 20, & 27 and July 5, 11, 18 & 25.
Trips & Workshops
The outdoor trips and workshops program offers a wide variety of land and water-based activities for the backcountry novice, the avid explorer, and everyone in between.
Trip Registration: To get more information or to register for Outdoor Adventures trips please come in person to the Climbing Wall in Wilson Recreation Center. Full trip registration fee is due at the time of registration.
Fall 2016 Trips:
See a trip you like? Click here to be added to a trip interest list!
|Trip Name||Date||Location||Student Fee||Faculty/Staff Fee|
|Stand Up Paddleboarding||9/11||Eno River||$20||$30|
|Basics of Bouldering||9/25||Grayson Highlands/Moore’s Wall||$35||$45|
|Girl Power Overnight Campout||9/24-9/25||Falls Lake – Holly Point||FREE||N/A|
|Intro to Whitewater Kayaking Day Trip||10/2||Haw River, NC||$40||$50|
|Fall Break Backpacking Adventure||10/8-10/11||Grayson Highlands, VA||$65||$75|
|Zipline Canopy Tour||10/15||Raleigh, NC||$50||$60|
|Trail Running||10/16||Falls Lake||$10||$20|
|Overnight Backpacking Trip||10/22-10/23||Eno River State Park||$35||$45|
|Fall Colors Day Hike||10/23||Occoneechee Mountain||$15||$25|
|Rock Climbing Day Trip||11/6||Pilot Mountain State Park||$40||$50|
Looking for something to do with your friends? Want to explore the parks of the Triangle and surrounding areas? Contact the Outdoor Adventure program to set up your own customized trip! The trip will be planned to the specific wishes of each group. Let us customize your next adventure whether it’s rock climbing at Pilot Mountain, paddling a local lake or river, or building camaraderie with co-workers or classmates.
Examples of Trip Options
- Rock Climbing at Pilot Mountain
- Canoeing the Eno River
- Standup Paddleboarding at Jordan Lake
- Mountain Biking at Lake Crabtree
- Teambuilding Retreat – Picnic and Canoeing at Falls Lake
**Please Note: These are examples of trips previously offered, we can adapt activity and location to suit your group. Contact us for example trip itineraries.
Minimum – 4 people
Maximum – 10 people (trip), 15 people (team building)
Pricing will vary, depending on size of the group, location of activity, length of the trip and number of meals provided.
What to Expect:
- No experience is necessary to participate in Outdoor Adventure trips, we design our trips for any level of abilities from beginners to experts. Previous swimming experience is recommended for water trips such as canoeing and standup paddleboarding, but is required for whitewater kayaking.
- All participants must attend a mandatory pre-trip meeting (when applicable). For more technical trips, skills clinics may be required prior to the trip, for no additional charge.
- All equipment will be provided for you; personal equipment may be used if approved by the trip leader.
- Transportation will be provided for you, unless stated otherwise.
- Food is provided on all day and overnight trips, any allergies/dietary restrictions can be accommodated and should be communicated with the trip leader.
- Alcohol, tobacco, and drug use are prohibited for the duration of the trip. Participants who violate these rules are subject to removal from the trip and transportation back to Duke will be at the participant’s expense.
Trip Cancellation Policies
Outdoor Programs reserves the right to cancel a program due to inclement weather, natural disasters, or extenuating circumstances. In the event a trip must be cancelled, a full trip refund will be provided.
A refund may be given if the following conditions are met:
- DAY TRIP: Cancellation happens 5 business days or more before pre-trip meeting date.
- OVERNIGHT TRIP: Cancellation happens 10 business days or more before pre-trip meeting.
- The participant’s empty spot is filled by another paid participant, prior to the pre-trip meeting.
Outdoor Adventures reserves the rights to not issue a refund at the discretion of program administrators.
For more information please contact: