The Climbing Wall will be open Mondays & Thursdays through the end of July beginning July 11.
The climbing wall is available for Recreation Members to use at no additional cost!
The wall stands 35 feet tall with 11 ropes and over 1400 square feet of climbing surface. With routes range from beginner to advanced there are plenty of opportunities for you to learn and progress your climbing skills. All equipment including climbing shoes, harnesses and belay devices are available for use at no cost.
Group Rentals: the climbing wall is available to rent for groups of up to 30 people. We can customize group experiences to include team building activities and/or basic climbing instruction. For more information contact email@example.com
Fall 2016 Academic Year Climbing Wall Operating Hours
Climbing Wall Policies
- The minimum age to climb at the wall is 6 years of age
- The minimum age to obtain a belay pass is 15 years of age
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign the climbing wall waiver
- Climbers with interest in belaying must first pass our belay test. This test consists of proper knowledge and use of climbing communication, equipment, knots, PBUS belay technique, and lowering a climber.
- Intro to Climbing workshop. – $10 per person
Designed those who are just getting into the sport of rock climbing. This is a comprehensive, two-hour class that covers climbing equipment, knots, belay technique, and climbing technique.
- Intro to Lead Climbing Workshop – $15 per person
Designed for those climbers interested in taking their skills to the next level. Participants should be proficient at top-rope belaying and have the ability to climb 5.9 without a fall. This class costs $15 and is available for Climbing Wall members only.