Welcome to Duke’s Campus Recreation Outdoor Adventures!
Looking for a job on campus? OA is now hiring for Fall 2016 semester! If interested, contact email@example.com.
Outdoor Adventures oversees three primary Outdoor Resources: the climbing wall located at Wilson Recreation Center, the Outdoor Trips and Clinics Program, and the Outpost Equipment Rental Center. The program also collaborates with a variety of other outdoor programs at Duke to achieve its mission.
The mission of Recreation & Physical Educations’ Outdoor Adventure Program is to provide the Duke community with outdoor adventure activities that educate about and promote healthy outdoor recreational opportunities.
Goals of the program:
- Introduce participants to exciting and new adventure activities promoting lifelong involvement in these activities
- Develop participants’ skills and comfort levels in a variety of wilderness settings
- To empower and challenge all participants to reach beyond their personal limits
- To provide environmental awareness promoting “minimum impact” practices and conservation of our natural resources
- To build an increased sense of community on Duke’s Campus by collaborating with other Outdoor programs creating an outdoor enthusiast culture
- Develop Leadership skills through outdoor leadership experiences