Guest Services Attendant (Brodie & Wilson Centers)
Job Profile & Descriptions: The front desk attendant has the responsibility to oversee the daily functions related to interacting with members, guests and visitors on a daily basis. Must have the ability to welcome members, guests and visitors and have a friendly and helpful attitude. The candidate should have previous customer service experience, possess personable skills; a positive attitude is essential and must possess strong attention to detail. The attendant must be able to follow as well as execute set policies and guidelines at all times, be able to communicate effectively and exercise good judgment when necessary. Candidate should enjoy working with people, exhibit a professional demeanor and display patience when dealing with challenging situations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serves as the first link to the centers, and is responsible for greeting members and guests upon arrival as well as acknowledge their departure.
• Check members, guests and visitors in/out of the facilities.
• Monitor flow of traffic into and out of the facility.
• Ensure DukeCards and Guest Passes are current and valid to access the facilities.
• Answer any questions or concerns users have. If you are unable to answer question, refer them to the appropriate Recreation & Physical Education staff personnel or department.
• Follow procedures to register guests and visitors.
• Maintain, retain and keep sign in books at front desks for guests/visitors and waivers updated.
• Arrange and maintain the Lost & Found cabinet in an orderly and organized manner at all times.
• Confirm the on-line Daily Schedule for indoor/outdoor reservations.
• Complete all necessary forms as necessary.
• Check out loan equipment and ensure equipment is returned and does not leave the facility.
Education & Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED equivalency
• Must be able to use a computer
• At least 1 full year customer service experience or working with the public
• Certification in First-Aid, CPR/AED or willingness to obtain
• Must be able to attend and participate in off hour training sessions
• Must be able to work flexible schedule to include early mornings, evenings and weekends
Send resumes and references to: